J-horror Inquirer article

Mathieu St-Pierre cteve at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 19:48:32 EDT 2006

Does anybody know where the term "J-HORROR" come from? Because to my opinion
this thing never really exist... What I mean is Japanese horror movies
always been around. It only been massively recognized by the U.S. and Europe
with the arrival of Ring. But the term "J-HORROR" was probably used by the
movie industry in the u.s. or the DVD industry to sell more easily something
that was difficult to market at that time. So "J-HORROR" would only be a
market name so to speak. Maybe the critics started using it afterward. But,
I may be all wrong. This is just my opinion.

Mathieu St-Pierre