Dejima Japanese Film Festival 2006

Luc Lafleur luc at dejimafilmfestival.nl
Thu Jun 15 03:14:24 EDT 2006

Dear all,

Although a member of this list for a small time now I haven't been very active.
So let me first introduce myself before I ask my question.

My name is Luc Lafleur. In 2002 I graduated from a Master in Film Studies at the
University of Amsterdam, after which I taught at the university for several
semesters. In 2004 I originated, together with Rob van Ham, the Dejima Japanese
Film Festival in Amsterdam. The first edition of the festival in May 2005 was
very succesful. I won't bore you with statistics, but if you are interested
have a look at our website: http://www.dejimafilmfestival.nl/en

Currently we are busy organizing the second edition of the festival which will
take place in November of this year. The event will be bigger than the first
and will be supported by the Japan Foundation (amongst others).

As the festival has been moved from May to November we are organizing filmnights
during this year to "compensate" for this delay. In March, April and May we have
already screened three films. We will organize at least two more during this
year, one in August and one in September.

My question has to do with these filmnights. I am looking for a list of the film
prints the Japan Foundation has in its library. I only have a very old list
supplied by the Japanese Embassy in the Netherlands. If there are members of
this list that have a recent copy or more information and would like to share
this with us, that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Luc Lafleur