J-horror Inquirer article

Jim Harper jimharper666
Fri Jun 9 06:22:52 EDT 2006

EVIL DEAD TRAP is for me the best early example of blending Japanese concepts with ideas from other horror traditions. You can also spot visual nods to US low-budget horror films like THE EVIL DEAD. Kazuo Komizu was doing a similar thing at the time, but with considerably less artistry.

  Yes, you're right, Todd Browning was American. Mental block there for a moment!

"J.sharp" <j.sharp at hpo.net> wrote:
    With EVIL DEAD TRAP perhaps best representing this trend, with its
Argento-esque music and lighting and Cronenbergian imagery.

  Are you sure that Todd Browning is European? I always thought he was one of
the only American's who pioneered the genre at this time in America

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com