Imamura Shohei

Peter Larson peter_larson2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 13:09:20 EDT 2006

That is truly sad. I remember one of the first films I
saw when I went to Japan as Unagi. There were no
subtitles so I couldn't understand a thing (my
japanese was restricted to "hello", "goodbye",
"where's the toilet" at the time), but I was really
excited to be able to see his new movie at the time. I
remember also using Kuroi Ame in a class I was
teaching on Japanese film and having my students
become really excited about it. he will certainly be
missed.

What was his last film?

Pete

--- Alastair Phillips <a.w.e.phillips at reading.ac.uk>