UK Japanese Film Events

Jim Harper jimharper666
Mon Oct 2 10:05:42 EDT 2006

Hi Emma- there are indeed very few around, so there's definitely room for one more. Basically, my book is a look at modern Japanese horror, starting at the mid-eighties and covering right up to the present day. It's part analysis and part history, covering all the major themes, with a closer look at the major directors of the period. I've opted to cover more films in less detail (as opposed to selecting a handful of representative films) and provide a fairly extensive picture of the genre as a whole. This means my approach has had to be informal (definitely not 'fanboy-style', however)- it's closer to (for example) Kim Newman's 'Nightmare Movies' than to the recent Edinburgh University publication, for example.

  Publishing dates had been arranged, but for various reasons they had to be set aside and I'm not working on another deal, with interest being fairly strong so far.

  Thanks for your interest, and I'll keep you informed!

  Jim Harper.

Emma Newbery <emmanewbery at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
  Jim, tell me more about your book, as there are so few English texts on
Japanese horror!

Emma Newbery BA
Programme Leader
BTEC National Diploma in Media (Moving Image)
Blackpool and the Fylde College

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com