Love behind the camera

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Mon Sep 11 21:10:10 EDT 2006

On 2006.9.12, at 09:28  AM, Rob Schwartz wrote:

> That sounds like a great doc.

Well, it's not a documentary, but one of those "docudramas" (that at
least ABC in the USA thinks allows it to rewrite history (e.g., "Path
to 9/11")). But having done research on representations of the
cinematic medium in Japan, I am intrigued by such dramatic accounts of
filmmakers. Can anyone recall any other TV dramas based on real
Japanese filmmakers? There are of course the various, sometimes
fictionalized, accounts of Kitano Takeshi's life, as well as, I recall,
some dramas about the Makino family, but can anyone recall any others?

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html