About Hani Susumu

Fabienne Delpy Adler fdelpy
Mon Sep 11 19:31:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've looked more closely at Hani's 1950s and 1960s works than at his
more recent documentaries, but Hani seems to have focused his energy
as much as possible on wildlife documentaries since the 70s. You
might be interested in reading his "Ningenteki eizoron" (Tokyo: Chuo
koronsha, 1972). He is still active and is even working in a new
medium: he has been publishing illustrated children's books recently.
He's quite eager to talk about his work, so you might want to contact
him directly for more specific questions (let me know if you need his
contact info).

Cordialement,

Fabienne Adler

Fabienne Adler
Ph.D. candidate, Art History and Film Studies department, Stanford
University
Keio International residence #201,
Tokyo-to, Minato-ku, Mita 2-19-30, 108-0073
Tel: 03 5476 9452
Cell: 090 6013 3885