Shimazu title translation

Alexander Jacoby a_p_jacoby at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 15:32:16 EST 2007

I've not seen the film, so don't know the story. But is it perhaps implying that one form of love (eg, familial) should come before another form (eg, romantic). If so, we could go for "Love Before Love", which is what I chose to write in my Shimazu filmography.

  ALEX

"Michael E. Kerpan" <mekerpan at verizon.net> wrote:
  Yasujiro Shimazu's "Ai yori ai e" doesn't seem to have an established English
translation. I'm guessing it means something like "Being in love is better
than love". Any suggestions as to what exactly this means (might it be some
sort of folk aphorism?)

MEK
Boston