Introduction + Invitation

Michael Kerpan mekerpan at verizon.net
Fri Jun 22 15:14:12 EDT 2007

Dear Mr. Davis

Best wishes for the London Naruse retrospective.  I managed to see about a dozen of the films screened when the Naruse retrospective came through Boston.

Naruse has become quite an obsession for me over the past few years -- and I've managed to see 56 (or is it 57) of the films (albeit most in unsubbed form -- taped off Japanese television)..  I am glad to see  you are NOT showing one of the films I have yet to see -- lest I have been forced to make a trip to London that I cannot afford at this particular moment.  ;~}

Michael Kerpan
Boston, MA