Used book stores

Wei Ting Jen intewig
Sun Jun 17 02:11:05 EDT 2007

Are you looking for modern or historical stuff? There is a used book
"street" at Hankyu Umeda station, I believe it is in the northeastern
corner near Chayagai. Many of these stores have excellent collections
of all manner of historical documents dating back to the Edo period.
Maps, old books, movie magazines, etc. But the tendency is towards
historical reference material. This is probably one of the best
sources in Kansai, the other source would be Jimbocho in Tokyo which
has an even better variety.

The other excellent source of material is this reference library -
whose name I can't remember at the moment. I think it is ???? but I
may be wrong. It was founded by the Hankyu family and is located about
15 minutes north of Ikeda station. It has an amazing collection of all
sorts of materials related to performing arts, cinema, Takarazuka,
anime, and manga. But again, this tends more to the historical
(pre-90s) rather than modern recent day manga/DVDs.

Wei Ting