Idiomatic meaning of "uwasa no"?

Wei Ting Jen intewig
Mon Jun 25 10:00:28 EDT 2007

I would personally go for "Rumour's Lady" or "Rumour's Daughter" i.e.
personifying "rumour".
Other possible alternatives: "The much gossiped-about", "The
talked-about", turning talkabout and gossipabout into adjectival
usage.

I would say "Talk of the town Tora" or "The talked-about Tora" is not
a bad translation because of the alliteration.