Self-Introduction and war cinema

Sophie Peacock djinnwired at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:43:35 EST 2007

Hello,
I'm a new subscriber to the list. My name is Sophie Peacock and I'm an
Honours student in the media school at the University of Tasmania
(Australia). I think our honours is equivalent to an American masters?
My thesis is focusing on anime but I'm interested in Japanese film and
television more broadly also. At the moment I'm working on a
definition of War and Anti-War genre conventions and I wonder if much
has been written defining war genres in Japanese film or if Japanese
cinema traditions are simply comparing to Hollywood genre conventions?
Regards,
Sophie