Kanai Katsu DVD

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:12:50 EST 2007

> Something i'd like to point out is that if you press 100 dvds with
> English subtitles and - let's say - 2000 without, you would have to
> make an extra dvd-master (and extra covers...etc.). So there is no
> economical reason for doing that. The production of the discs would
> simply cost more in the end.

 From what I've heard, it only makes sense to make a glass DVD master
if you are doing over 1000 copies. So that's why a lot of independent
filmmakers who sell their works just burn copies individually on
their computers, or use machines that burn several at a time. The
quality is not as good, but it is cheaper to produce for small runs
of like 100 or 200.

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html