Toru Takemitsu and the Films of the Japanese New Wave

Angelo Masucci amasucci
Thu Apr 24 00:19:49 EDT 2008

Hi, my name is Angelo Masucci and I just signed on. I'm a graduate student
at the New School University here in New York City and am now taking a class
on Japanese New Wave Film.

I'm about to begin a research paper on the role of Toru Takemitsu's music in
a few of the films of the Japanese New Wave (Crazed Fruit, Double Suicide,
and probably Woman in the Dunes). Unfortunately, in doing my research I'm
discovering that there is little out there on Takemitsu's film work. The
majority of the books and articles I cam across focus primarily on his
orchestra pieces which are outside the scope of what I'm looking to do. I
know there's a short documentary on his film work which is useful, but I'm
very much in need of some deeper material.

I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some materials
that might be useful.

Thank you in advance,

Angelo Masucci