prewar Japanese films set in film studios

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 06:39:29 EST 2008

I can't spot quickly any mention of Ekisutora gaaru in Kinugasa's autobiography, but this might be more the work of the other credited director, YAMANE Mikito [?], who, according to JMDb, also made something called Matsuda eiga shohin shu (yuki) - is that 'A compilation of Matsuda out-takes in the snow' ??   Could these have been PR trailers, rather than full features ?  But who.or which Matsuda was famous at this time?
Roger