searching for old jishu eiga reference

Sharp Jasper jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 08:48:10 EDT 2008

Hello Kinejapans,

I was wondering if anyone could help me track down an article that I read about in the Kinejapan archives from 1997. I think the article was about the emergent jishu eiga scene. The original post was as follows:

In the US edition of Time, an article was published on April 28 (VOL. 149 NO. 17) with the title: "Return to Greatness: Forget the "big audience". Upstart independent directors, like the old cinematic masters, are making movies with meaning" by Donald Richie.

A www link was provided, but the article has long since disappeared from the web unsurprisingly, so I don't know if anyone downloaded it. I don't have access to Time magazine myself, but having checked their website, I cant find any reference to this particular article so am not entirely sure whether it was even published hardcopy o not.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jasper

Midnight Eyewww.midnighteye.com