Elder Porn in Japan

Asako Yoshida yoshidaa at ms.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jun 19 14:47:13 EDT 2008

This article in Time online seems to be getting attention from general audience:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1815509,00.html

Asako Yoshida
Reference Services
Elizabeth Dafoe Library
University of Manitoba

(204) 474-6591

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."
--William Butler Yeats

"Banking education treats students as objects of assistance; problem-posing education makes them critical thinkers."
--Paulo Freire

"Necessity is not an established fact, but an interpretation."
"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying. "
--Frederich Nietzsche

"What strikes me is the fact that in our society, art has become something which is only related to objects, and not to individuals, or to life."
--Michel Foucault

"Creators here and everywhere are always and at all times building upon the
creativity that went before and that surrounds them now."
-- Lawrence Lessig

"The idea that we can manage our world is uniquely twentieth-century and chiefly American."
-- David Weinberger