Shaggy Dog question

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:51:59 EDT 2008

Thank you - katakanised Italian names and restaurant menues always cause me trouble.
I see now then - the film is a Japanese-Australian co-production and features an all animal cast voiced by human actors, like Babe, and Hata prepared the Japanese version. Strange how all the Japanese connections have been downplayed in the online english resources on the film, but this does seem to be a feature of the Japanese dog movie sub-genre. Dogs seem to cross international borders far more easily than humans, it seems.

Are you saying you havent seen it Aaron?

On a related note, I just noticed the kanji used to write Inudo Isshin's name - could it be that he was hired by Takashige Ichise the producer to direct All About My Dog as a sort of in-joke, rather like the elephant that turns up in all of Kaizo Hayashi's films?

Jasper