Films about Hiroshima

faith faithbach at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Dec 17 09:35:05 EST 2009

There was a film in the 80s starring Otake Shinobu called "Ashita" with story exactly as Jasper describes; film ends at 8:15 next morning with Shinobu squinting into the early morning sunlight saying "mabushii."  Boom.  It was about Hiroshima, not Nagasaki.  It is possible there was more than one
 version, because I did the subtitles for the one I describe under the auspices of Nihon Telly in Tokyo, to send to a foreign film fest.  It is within the realm of possibility there may have been a telly-film version as well as a theatrical version around the same time, tho' which came first or
 how they were different I cannot say.  The one I titled was a lovely film and quite a hit at the time as I recall.

  Try the NTV archives?

  Cheers

  Faith