Literature on Japanese-English subtitle translation

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:34:35 EST 2009

You might want to look into the development of "celebrity subtitles" such as Tony Rayns, who does not have the level of Japanese to translate subtitles, and to a less extent, Donald Richie, which leads one to query what their roles are in the subtitling process.

best

Jasper Sharp

Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com

More details about me on http://jaspersharp.com/