Suzuki Seijun and box-office

Mathieu Capel mathieucapel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:52:00 EST 2009

Dear Kinejapaners,

I have the feeling that this topic was discussed before on the list, but I
can't find any post related to it in my archives : does someone know if, and
where I could find resources about box-office results, dates of release,
number of attendance, etc., for films released during the sixties ?
As a matter of fact, I am looking for datas about Suzuki Seijun's films by
1965 or 1966, i. e. some months before the "Suzuki Seijun Kyôtô Kaigi". Even
if the reasons for what Pdt. Hori Kyûsaku fired him in 1968 may still
appear, I guess, as some kind of mystery, I was wondering if something like
a decrease in attendance or box-office results could have motivated such a
decision from Hori... What indeed would surprise me, regarding the critical
acclaim of 'Kenka erejii" for instance - but we never know...
Many thanks

Mathieu Capel
Paris