"Shinjuku Ecstacy - Independent films from the Art Theatre Guild of Japan", NY 18.2.-1.3.

=%UTF-8?Q?Alo_J=C3=B5ekalda?= alojoekalda at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 06:47:38 EST 2009

Sounds like a fascinating event. The Kawasaki City Museum is also
having a nice program of more or less independent Japanese cinema,
accompanying the Awazu Kiyoshi exhibition (a number of his movie
poster designs are on display too). The main portion of the program is
already over, but several Oshima's works are to follow, the highlight
being "Yunbogi no nikki" with a talk by Yomota Inuhiko and Hirasawa
Go. Find more info here:
http://www.kawasaki-museum.jp/display/cinema/#B007

Also, the mention of Kuroki Kazuo reminds me, is any listmember aware
of a Tokyo rental shop or perhaps a library that has his "Shoki
kessaku shu" (黒木和雄初期傑作集) DVD box set? Tsutaya, Waseda University
Library and the National Diet Library apparently do not, so I have all
but lost hope of ever finding it...

Best,
Alo Joekalda