Fwd: Iwanami Eiga symposium (J only)

amnornes at umich.edu amnornes at umich.edu
Fri Jan 23 15:03:20 EST 2009

I heard about this from a few of the participants in Nagoya a couple
weeks ago. The grand plans of Hitachi to milk the Iwanami archive of
films through digitization didn't exactly pan out (not so surprising).
This group has coalesced, apparently under the leadership of Yoshimi
and a few others, to attempt a digitization project by networking
various institutions. It sounds fascinating and promising. Is such a
precious collection of postwar history; I hope it works!

Markus