tamura...

Mathieu Capel mathieucapel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:18:44 EST 2009

Dear Kinejapaners,

Working lately on Oshima's films for a DVD edition, I was a little bit
surprised by one objection made by someone at Shochiku : according to
everything I've read about japanese cinema, and including the credits in the
Shôchiku edition of Yoshida Kijû films, I always thought that 田村孟 should be
read "Tamura *Tsutomu".*
Would some one please confirm that this pronunciation is ok, for Shôchiku
won't accept anything but *Takeshi* ? Did Tamura change his name some day ?
Or, against all I've ever thought, is "Tsutomu" wrong ?
Thanks

Mathieu Capel
Paris