Eiga Geijutsu Best and Worst 10 for 2008

Alex Zahlten Alex.Zahlten at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 16:56:18 EST 2009

I don't think anyone has mentioned this on the list yet (apologies if it has already been posted); Eiga Geijutsu magazine has announced its best and worst of 2008 lists. As always, there are interesting crossovers (due to the rating system), and some predictable outcomes - the magazines regular rating suspects on the whole and some of the staff have never really appreciated Koreeda for example, to put it nicely.
The double rankings aren't typos, the films were tied for votes.

By the way, several of these will be seen at this year's Nippon Connection Film Festival in April (15.-19.),

Alex

The list is as follows:

Best Ten:

1. Non-Ko (Nonko 36-Sai)  (Kazuyoshi Kumakiri)
2. United Red Army (Jitsuroku Reng? Sekigun. Asama Sans? e no Michi) (Koji Wakamatsu)
3. Kiss (Seppun) (Kunitoshi Manda)
4. Tokyo Sonata (Kiyoshi Kurosawa)
5. Don't Laugh at me Romance (Hito no Sex wo Warau na) (Nami Iguchi)
5. Passion (Ry?suke Hamaguchi)
7. Children of the Dark (Yami no Kodomotachi) (Junji Sakamoto)
8. Chameleon (Junji Sakamoto)
9. Ishiuchi Jinj? K?t? Sh?gakk?. Hana ha Chiredomo. (Kaneto Shind?)
10. Your Friend (Kimi no Tomodachi) (Ry?ichi Hiroki)

Worst Ten:

1. Departures (Okuribito) (Y?jiro Takita)
2. Shaolin Girl (Sh?rin Sh?jo) (Katsuyuki Motohiro)
3. I Want to Be a Shellfish (Watashi ha Kai ni Naritai) (Katsuo Fukuzawa)
3. The Magic Hour (K?ki Mitani)
5. Tokyo Sonata (Kiyoshi Kurosawa)
6. Achilles and the Tortoise (Takeshi Kitano)
6. Nanayomachi (Naomi Kawase)
8. Still Walking (Aruite mo, Aruite mo) (Hirokazu Koreeda)
8. The Climbers High (Masao Harada)
10. United Red Army (Jitsuroku Reng? Sekigun. Asama Sans? e no Michi) (Koji Wakamatsu)
alex at nipponconnection.de

Sensationsangebot verl?ngert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
f?r nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a