Self introduction + Representations of intoxication

Christiane Borchert christiane86 at freenet.de
Tue Jun 30 18:09:59 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

after I have been on this mailing list incognito for quite some time, I
think it's time for me to finally introduce myself:

Name: Christiane Borchert
Institutional affiliation or job: Programmer for film and cultural sections
(Nippon Connection. Japanese Film Festival, Frankfurt am Main); research
assistant (Department of Film Studies, Johannes Gutenberg-University, Mainz)
City and country: Frankfurt am Main/ Mainz, Germany

Research projects or publications: Master's thesis on the dissolution of
boundaries in the Boys' Love phenomenon (at an early stage)
Interests with regard to Japanese film and moving image media: Japanese film
and ~ popular culture, ~ Queer Studies, ~ corporeality, ~ transnational
flows, ~ media convergence, ~ trauma, film festival research and otaku
culture

First of all, thank you all for your insightful discussions, your notes on
events, publications and films on this list! Your contributions have been
pretty inspiring and motivating for me. Hence, I wondered whether you could
inspire me once again:

At present I am working on a paper and am looking for films containing
representations of intoxication (or/ and drunkenness). I am especially
interested in sequences in which external and internal perspectives are
entangled. The only examples that I know are KAKUTO by ISEYA Yusuke and
DAYDREAM by TAKECHI Tetsuji. I would really appreciate if you could help me
out with some further examples.

Best regards and many thanks in advance,

Christiane
( <mailto:ch at hotmail.de> christiane86 at freenet.de)