movie scores

Eija Niskanen eija.niskanen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:07:54 EDT 2009

Dear Kinejapaners,

I have a North European friend, who composers music for TV dramas,
animation films, TV ads etc. He is also studying Japanese, and is
interested in working with Japanese movie or animation projects. Hence
the question: does anybody have suggestions how to promote his skills
in Japan? I know that some film directors or studios have their
regular composers (Hisaishi Jo for Miyazaki and Kitano; Kawai Kenji
for Production I.G), and that the end song in movies seems to be a
tie-up with the music industry, as it is often a pop song by some
famous artist.

If anybody has knowledge on movie composing/composers, please post!
Private emails also welcome.

Eija