new publication

desser at illinois.edu desser at illinois.edu
Wed May 27 08:08:13 EDT 2009

Looking forward to seeing the Kurosawa book.  I recently published an essay on remakes of Seven Samurai in global cinema (“Remaking Seven Samurai in World Cinema.” East Asian Cinemas: Exploring Transnational Connections on Film.” Leon Hunt and Leung Wing-Fa, eds. London: I.B. Tauris, 2008) so I'm particularly interested in this book!

Meanwhile, some inquiries about the Journal of Japanese and Korean Cinema lead me to offer the following web site for those interested in seeing what we've done so far:

http://www.atypon-link.com/INT/loi/jjkc

David