Kinema Club X: at SCMS in Tokyo SURVEY LINK

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Thu May 14 22:53:15 EDT 2009

Two points:

First, for Scott and others in need: my home phone number in Japan is
045-961-3802. I will be arriving in Japan on the 18th. I'll try to
think about another contact, but do note that there are internet
cafes (often combined with manga cafes) throughout Japan. Here's one
list of them in Japanese: http://www.cafeman.jp/htm/13.htm

Second, our hope in making this a Kinema Club conference is to give
it an official status. Whether your university will accept KC as an
official organization is another matter, but given that we have done
9 conferences/workshops so far, it would be hard to say otherwise. If
this goes through, we can offer official letters of invitation on
good letterheads (Yale, etc.) if there is a need. We are still
talking to SCMS, however, on whether we will give the Kinema Club
name to this.

Aaron Gerow
Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363