"The Rebirth of Buddha" - Budda saitan

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 03:57:49 EDT 2009

I do remember my first ever trip to Japan, wandering around Ginza one afternoon with a Japanese friend and having a ticket thrust into our hands. Oh lucky me, I thought, as we wandered into the Toei Cinema by Ginza Station. This would have been 2001, and the film was the Kofuku no Kagaku animation The Golden Laws. I don't remember the cinema being particularly full, but basically I would assume that most people were there like me, because they'd just been randomly handed a ticket by a member of this religious group. Consequently I don't think many people actually stayed to the end of the film.

Jasper

Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com

More details about me on http://jaspersharp.com/