Japanese digital resources

Dawn Lawson dl80 at nyu.edu
Fri Apr 30 09:40:39 EDT 2010

With apologies for cross-posting

I am writing to introduce you to-or, I hope, to reacquaint you with-the
North American Coordinating Council on Japanese Library Resources (the NCC),
especially to its efforts in the area of broadening North American access to
Japanese digital resources. A variety of rich Japanese online products are
now available for licensing by libraries, universities, and, in some cases,
individual scholars. The resources range from full-text coverage of major
Japanese newspapers to journal indexes, dictionaries, company information,
and beyond. Our web page,
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~ncc/drc/listofdatabases.html, lists and
describes these products and provides e-mail addresses for the agents and
vendors who license them for subscription. We invite you to peruse the list
and contact the agents/vendors of those that interest you. Most offer
limited-time trial subscriptions free of charge. When you contact the
agent/vendor, also ask about the availability of group subscriptions and
subscriptions for individual scholars.

Dawn Lawson, Chair, NCC Digital Resources Committee, and
East Asian Studies Librarian

New York University Libraries

70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012