Nippon Connection Volcanic Film Festival awards

Alex Zahlten Alex.Zahlten at gmx.de
Wed Apr 21 12:33:11 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

there wasn't much time to write as the festival has been extended due to the volcano in Iceland (leaving around 30 directors, actors and producers from Japan stuck in Frankfurt), but I wanted to give a short report on the award winners at this year's festival.
The Nippon Cinema audience award went to Oblivion Island by Shinsuke Sato, the Nippon Digital award (decided by this year's jury, consisting of the U. of Vienna's Roland Domenig, Midnight Eye's Jasper Sharp and the Werkstattkino theater and archive's Bernd Brehmer) went to Tetsuaki Matsue's Live Tape (who was present to receive the award).

Since the festival we have been working day and night to provide the festival guests stuck in Frankfurt with further accommodation, help with rebooking flights keeping everyone relaxed despite the difficult situation. Flights have resumed but waiting lists are long-
Wish us luck for the next few days and quick return flights to Japan (myself included)!

Alex
alex at nipponconnection.de

GRATIS f?r alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!