Movie versions of Edogawa Ranpo works

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 19:58:50 EDT 2010

There's also an entry for Edogawa Ranpo by Cécile Sakai in Cinéma et Littérature au Japon, albeit of 1986.  Sakai is the author of Histoire de la Littérature Populaire Japonaise, for which I still know no direct equivalent in English.

Research Guide to Japanese Film Studies also recommends filmographies such as Eiga, terebi dorama, gensaku bungei dēta bukku, by Etō Shigehiro for having an author index, compared to Nihon Eiga gensaku jiten, which does not.
Roger