Satoshi Kon 1963-2010

matteo boscarol matteo.boscarol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:06:43 EDT 2010

Kon`s final message as reported by animenewsnetwork:

" May 18 of this year, an unforgettable day.
   My wife and I received the following prognosis from a cardiologist
at the Musashino Red Cross Hospital:

   - The pancreatic cancer is terminal and has metastasized to the
bone. You have at most a half year left.-

    When I conveyed my concerns for Yume-Miru Kikai to Mr. Maruyama,
he said, "It's fine. Don't worry, we'll do whatever it takes."

    I cried.

    I cried aloud.

    With feelings of gratitude for all that is good in this world, I
put down my pen.

    Well, I'll be leaving now.

    Satoshi Kon"

Matteo