NHK on Youtube

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Sat Dec 11 18:15:25 EST 2010

The 3rd party issues are major, but having once subscribed to Japan
TV, I was always annoyed at how NHK seemed to make little effort to
get rights for other forms of distribution such as Japan TV. You'd
watch the NHK news and once the sports started, the screen would be
blank for most of the section because they hadn't gotten rights from
Japanese baseball or soccer. I can understand blanking out parts of
American major league baseball, but Japanese baseball?

I should also note that some American networks are already localizing
their content. When I was in Japan, for instance, NBC would not let me
watch their content (unless I used my Yale proxy server).

That said, does anyone know of good proxy servers you can use to
disguise your computer as a Japanese one?

Aaron