high volume 'bakuon' screenings

Paul Roquet proquet at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 16 17:59:59 EST 2010

Dear Bruce,

Thanks for pointing out the Dairakudakan connection - I remember being blasted with very loud (circus?) music at quite a few of their shows, a very effective tactic in the little underground theaters. Somehow it makes sense in a butoh context, to have extremes of both loud and quiet in the same performance.

Perhaps all the bakuon screenings need is some bakuon-logo earplugs to hand out with the tickets, along with the 3d glasses and whatever other sensory aids the screening demands (!)...

Paul