still wanted: a still from "Crossroads"

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 08:56:23 EST 2010

It's also worth noting that the film was preserved by the BFI out the old 'Film Society' stocks.  The still of 'Crossroads' was wheeled out several times in Sight and Sound etc. in the thirties and forties as apparently the only available still to illustrate a Japanese reference in the text.
So that still, which they presumably still have, ought to be completely immune to any copyright claim from Shochiku.
Roger