AW: AW: Help

Roland Domenig roland.domenig at univie.ac.at
Sun Feb 14 03:45:28 EST 2010

Aaron is of course right to point out that conventions are to be taken into consideration. I was negligent to call the transcription Nihon eiga for the magazine as "wrong", which of course it is not according to our conventions. What I wanted to say is that we have to recognize that readings we take for granted today are not necessarily the readings that were used at the time of its publication/release. Someone who bought the magazine we usually refer to as Nihon eiga at the time it was issued (April 1936 to March 1945) did not ask for the new issue of Nihon eiga, but he asked for the new edition of Nippon eiga. Why do we know? Because it says so in the impressum: The "NIPPON EIGA" Published Monthly by the DAINIPPON EIGAKYOKAI.

Roland