high volume 'bakuon' screenings

Jasper Sharp jasper_sharp at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 08:08:28 EST 2010

This rather reminds me of a screening of a Philipino film I caught at Thessaloniki Film Festival last year, The Muzzled Horse Of An Engineer In Search Of Mechanical Saddles. The film was an hour long video piece that had a live accompaniment from the director, Khavn de la Cruz and his  various associates. It was quite a gruelling experience, way too loud for my poor head on a monday evening.

There's more details here, for those interested in comparisons with new punk filmmaking/exhibition practices in other parts of the world:

http://kulastalon.multiply.com/video/item/21

best

Jasper

Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com

More details about me on http://jaspersharp.com/