high volume 'bakuon' screenings

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Tue Feb 9 01:08:22 EST 2010

> Paul, thanks for the fascinating post. I hadn't heard of this
> before, and haven't heard of it anywhere else (don't you love the
> brilliant craziness of Japanese film culture?). I'm curious what the
> demographic for this is like? Does it cut across sub-cultures? Is it
> connected to a specific music tribe?

Well, one way of thinking about the demographics is through Higuchi-
san, who runs the Boid site and is close friends with Aoyama Shinji,
Nakahara Masaya, Kurosawa Kiyoshi, etc.--the old Athenee and Eiga
Bigakko crowd. Higuchi and Aoyama have very similar music tastes.

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363