3 Japanese fantasy cinema titles needed

Claudia Anderson 204172 at soas.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 18:06:16 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have posted here regarding the same research project before, and I have
got to the stage of doing my own close analysis of subtitle translation of 3
films in different eras.  However, I am not so au fait with the range of
fantasy films on offer, so I would be eternally grateful if somebody could
suggest 3 Japanese fantasy film subtitles, one film from the 60s, one from
the 80s, and one from this decade, and ones that have been subtitled into
English. I am also looking for the scripts of the original japanese
dialogues, and should be able to find them myself, but if anyone has links
to those as well, that would be ideal. I have chosen the genre of fantasy
due to its tendency to lend itself to opportunities for 'creative'
translations.

Regards,

Claudia