Joining the list

Lauri Kitsnik roorisan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 19:15:37 EST 2010

Name: Lauri KitsnikInstitutional affiliation or job: University of Cambridge, PhD candidate in East Asian StudiesCity and country: Cambridge, UK / Tallinn, EstoniaResearch projects or publications: Film adaptations of modern Japanese literature (PhD project) Interests with regard to Japanese film and moving image media: I have a background in literary studies having obtained my MA from the University of Tokyo with a thesis on poetry and poetic theory of Hagiwara Sakutaro; accordingly my main interests regarding the moving image are where literature and film meet: scenarios and film adaptations in particular. At the moment I am working in Japan to finish a comparative study on film versions of Kawabata's Izu no odoriko, and after that I will probably concentrate on issues arising from Kitagawa Fuyuhiko's "Shinario bungaku ron".