Shimazu's Ai yo jinrui to tomo ni are

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 03:32:01 EDT 2010

Michael,
I'd say that the semi-official English titles for the films of 150 Japanese can be found in Alex Jacoby's 'A Critical Handbook of Japanese Directors'.  About the only thing I can say against it is that it's liable to make you lazy with your Japanese.
For Ai yo jinrui to tomo ni are, 1931, it says 'May Love Be with Humanity'.  However the authors of the Japanese section of the 2010 Pordenone catalogue - Alexander Jacoby and Johan Nordström - rebelled, and dropped the 'May'.  A couple of other English titles vary from Alex's book.  They include several paragraphs on each film, which is also translated into Italian, but they are not full synopses.  Here's the link
http://www.cinetecadelfriuli.org/gcm/allegati/GCM10_Catalogo.pdf

Hope that helps,
Roger