Japanese traditional theatre

Prof. Zvika Serper serper at post.tau.ac.il
Thu Oct 28 16:33:03 EDT 2010

Hi,
See my essays:

     "Kurosawa's Dreams: A Cinematic Reflection of a Traditional Japanese Context."

       Cinema Journal.  Vol. 40, No. 4, Summer 2001, pp. 81-103.

     "The Bloodied Sacred Pine Tree: A Dialectical Depiction of Death in Kurosawa's The Throne

     of Blood and Ran."  Journal of Film and Video. Vol. 52, No. 2, Summer 2000, pp. 13-27.

"Blood Visibility/Invisibility in Kurosawa's Ran." Literature/Film Quarterly. Vol. 28, No. 2, Summer 2000, pp.149-154.

    "Lady Kaede in Kurosawa's Ran: Verbal and Visual Characterization through Animal

Traditions." Japan Forum. Vol. 13, No. 2, Autumn 2001, pp. 145-158.

"Shindo Kaneto's Films Kuroneko and Onibaba: Traditional and Innovative

Manifestations of Demonic Embodiments,"  Japan Forum  Vol. 17, No. 2, July 2005, pp. 231-256.

Best regards,

Zvika Serper
     Tel Aviv University