new CJS Pubs website

bew bew at umich.edu
Wed Sep 22 15:15:19 EDT 2010

The Publications Program of the Center for Japanese Studies at the
University of Michigan has a new website. Yes, it has a new look, but
it also has a number of new features that our old site didn't have.

1. We now have ONLINE ORDERING through Google Checkout. When you find
a book that you'd like to purchase, just go to the "Purchasing" tab on
that book's web page and click "Add To Cart".

2. The site is SEARCHABLE. On the home page you can enter an author's
name, or a title, or a word in a title, or, for instance, the word
"Buddhism," and you will receive a list of search results.

3. We feature NEW and FORTHCOMING books so that you can quickly find
the most recent publications and what is in the pipeline.

4. Books are organized in a number of different ways for ease of use
by librarians, scholars, and others: ALPHA BY TITLE, ALPHA BY AUTHOR,
SERIES, YEAR PUBLISHED, and GENRE.

5. Our SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES and STYLE SHEET are available online.

6. You may download a CATALOG or request that we send you one.

7. You may SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT PROPOSAL online.

8. Finally, enter our PET OF THE MONTH contest. Hold your cursor on
the "Pet of the Month" box and click "Enter Here". Send us a photo of
your pet READING ONE OF OUR BOOKS (or sleeping on one, or chewing it
up). If your pet is chosen as our Pet of the Month, you will receive a
book of your choice free of charge, and a picture of your pet will
appear on our home page for that month.

CHECK OUT OUR NEW SITE at http://cjspubs.lsa.umich.edu.

Bruce Willoughby
Executive Editor