seijin eiga

Kirsten Cather kcather at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 15 06:22:31 EDT 2011

Hi Michael & Roger,

I have a list that I've cobbled together from a couple memoirs by Eirin staff and a commemorative volume that was released by Eirin in 2006 - 50-nen no ayumi - , but, as with most research on pinks and seijin, it's probably far from complete. I'm happy to share it, but it might take me a bit of time to put it into a coherent form.

Michael, I'm curious where you get your stats from (and would love to see your graph if you're willing to share). When researching this, I've been repeatedly frustrated by differing numbers in various accounts and have usually relied on Eiren's data on their website, but recall having found contradictory information in the standard histories of the birth of seijin eiga.

Kirsten

On Apr 14, 2011, at 11:35 PM, <mjraine at uchicago.edu> <mjraine at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> One question: I have a nice graph of the number of "seijin eiga" from 1958 through the 1960s, with an obvious inflection point when pink films started. But does anyone have a *list* of what films were designated as "seijin eiga" before 1963? I don't remember seeing one in any of the material on Eirin.
>
> Michael

Kirsten Cather
Assistant Professor, Department of Asian Studies
1 University Station, G9300
Austin, TX  78712
WCH 5.104B; kcather at mail.utexas.edu; 512.471.0031 (office)