The Vagaries of Film Viewing (Started re: Potemkin)

faith faithbach at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jan 18 08:08:37 EST 2011

Roger, Prof. McCaskey needs no excuse at all to show the Odessa steps sequence to a roomful of teenagers who have no idea what it is. They will thank him and bless his name long after he is gone.  I had a roomful of Americans recently who did not know what Casablanca is.  I don't mean they hadn't
 seen it, I mean they did not know what it is.   You can call it "generational revenge" or you can call it education.  Regards, FB