Permanent Nobara

Jonathan M. Hall jmhall at pomona.edu
Mon Jan 10 20:56:28 EST 2011

With all due respect to Don, I would suggest that the film's title is on mark. The Japanese and then the English titles play well with the sense of permanence in waiting, hoping, dreaming and fantasizing that resides in the alternative temporality of the insane. This perm is a real head job, and its title knows it. It was the perfect translation for the title.

Jonathan M Hall
Department of Media Studies
Pomona College
140 West Sixth Street