Self-Introduction

Derek Johnston derekjohnston.phd at gmail.com
Fri May 20 04:41:41 EDT 2011

Name: Derek Johnston
Institutional affiliation or job: Independent Researcher
City and country: UK, Norwich
Research projects or publications:
I have been introduced to this list as a useful place to post a call for
papers on international (i.e. non-US) screen superheroes, which will follow
separately. I have a broad interest in Japanese culture, history and cinema,
which I have begun to explore through teaching an undergraduate module on
Asian Cinema. I have also presented at last year's Screen conference on
performances of warrior fatherhood in screen adaptations of 'Lone Wolf and
Cub', and will be presenting later this year on the use of Daigoro in those
same adaptations. I intend to work this research up for publication.