Japanese Literature/Culture Position at Bard College

Richard Suchenski rsuchens at bard.edu
Fri Sep 23 21:03:19 EDT 2011

Dear everyone,

The position below, which was just recently listed and begins next fall,
may be of interest to some of the people on this list.

Richard Suchenski
Assistant Professor of Film and Electronic Arts
Bard College

--------

Position Description:

The Division of Languages & Literature at Bard College invites
applications for a full-time tenure-line position in Japanese at the
rank of assistant professor beginning in the fall of 2012. The
successful applicant should hold a Ph.D. or be at the ABD stage of a
Ph.D. program. Native or near-native proficiency in Japanese and English
is required, with previous language-teaching experience strongly
preferred. The area of specialization is open, but the candidate should
have expertise in Japanese literature, cultural studies and/or related
fields, and the ability to teach in Bard?s First-Year Seminar program
and to contribute to the college?s offerings in World Literature and
Asian Humanities. Additionally, he or she is expected to help oversee
our summer study-abroad program while also maintaining a vigorous
commitment to scholarship.

Please send letter of application, C.V., three letters of
recommendation, an article-length scholarly writing sample, teaching
portfolio by email only tohr11061 at bard.edu. Deadline for submission:
December 10, 2011.

Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
applications from those who contribute to our diversity. AA/EOE